In a twist on the usual scenario, an encounter between a baby and a snake at a home in northern Israel ended with the one-year-old boy biting the snake's head off.
The baby, named Imad Gadir, came across the 13-inch snake in his room Thursday morning, in Shfaram, near Haifa, the Ynet news website reported.
His mother entered the room to find Imad chewing on the dead snake, and in shock she screamed so loudly that neighbors came running.
More from GlobalPost: New snake species, Matilda's Horned Viper, found in Tanzania (PHOTO)
"I went to the kitchen to get him some milk, and when I came back I saw he was already eating," Imad's mother, Alain, told Ynet. "I still can't believe what I saw."
"It wasn't a pretty sight," said grandfather Shaheen Shaheen.
Fortunately for the baby, the reptile was a coin snake, which are not poisonous — although its bite can be painful. But more worryingly, coin snakes are known for choking their prey, and if this one had been bigger, the baby could have been strangled.
Baby Imad was not hurt, but was taken to hospital in Haifa for a medical check, just in case.
More from GlobalPost: 'Blood curdling scream' as python attacks child