Desmonte Leonard, the suspect in last weekend's Auburn shooting, has turned himself in to police.
Leonard, 22, surrendered to marshals at the Federal Courthouse in Montgomery, Ala., just before 8 p.m. last night, MSNBC reported.
More from GlobalPost: Auburn, Ala., shooting leaves 3 dead
Police had been searching for him since Saturday night, when three people were killed and another three wounded in a shooting at a party near Auburn University.
Hours before Leonard surrendered, CNN reported, officers raided a house in Montgomery where he was believed to be hiding. Despite six hours of searching, the suspect wasn't found.
His surrender was eventually negotiated with the help of defense attorney Susan James, who told the Associated Press that she arranged to pick Leonard up around 50 miles out of Montgomery, and drove him to the courthouse.
Having heard his version of events, James said: "When the full story is told, it may sound different than the perception now."
More from GlobalPost: Police hunt Auburn shooting suspect
Police have said they believe the shooting was the result of an argument that got out of control.
Leonard faces three counts of capital murder and two counts of assault, according to CNN.
He is expected to appear in court in Auburn within days, possibly even on Wednesday, Auburn Police Chief Tommy Dawson told a press conference.