Clash continues in southern Afghan province
LASHKAR GAH, Afghanistan, July 7 (Xinhua)-- Conflict between Afghan security forces and Taliban militants is still continuing in Sangin district of the southern Helmand province, spokesman for provincial administration Omar Zawak said Monday.
"Sporadic fighting is still going on in parts of Sangin district," Zawak told Xinhua.
However, he said that the Taliban militants had been evicted from Musa Qala and Kajaki districts and law and order have been re- established there.
Taliban militants launched massive offensive in Sangin district on June 21 and soon the conflict stretched to Musa Qala and Kajaki districts.
Hundreds of people including civilians, according to local officials, had been killed and injured during the clash which lasted some two weeks.