Connect to share and comment
EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton confirmed Tuesday that world powers would hold talks with Iran on its contested nuclear drive on February 26 and said she hoped to see "concrete progress".
Confirming a fresh round of talks in Kazakhstan, the first since June last year, Ashton's office said in a statement that "she hopes that the talks will be productive and that concrete progress can be made".
The statement said European Union deputy negotiator Helga Schmid agreed with her Iranian counterpart Ali Bagheri that a new round of the so-called P5+1 talks "will take place in Almaty, Kazakhstan on 26th February".
Ashton "hopes that the talks will be productive and that concrete progress can be made towards a negotiated solution to meet the international community's concerns about the Iranian nuclear programme," the statement said.