Sao Paulo have been confirmed as South American Cup winners two months after the final against Argentine rivals Tigre had to be abandoned following allegations of violence.
The Brazilian side were officially declared winners after an investigation into the December 12 final by the South American Football Confederation (Conmebol).
Tigre had refused to take to the pitch for the second half with Sao Paulo leading 2-0 after claims Brazilian police had barged into their dressing room.
Defender Lucas Orban said one of his teammates had been threatened with a gun.
Chilean referee Enrique Osses awarded the match to Sao Paulo, and on Friday Conbmebol spokesman Nestor Benitez confirmed the result to AFP.
Tigre had argued that the referee should have suspended the match owing to a "lack of guarantees" for the visitors' security.
Both teams have been ordered to pay a $100,000 fine with Sao Paulo handed a one-match stadium ban.
The first leg in Buenos Aires had ended goalless.
The incidents at the game were also the subject of a Brazilian police inquiry.
Friday's ruling comes at a sensitive time for Brazilian football, keen to turn the page after criticism in delays at getting stadium ready for the 2014 World Cup and coming four months before the staging of the 2013 Confederations Cup.
"Such an incident I have to say is a warning for the organisers of the World Cup," FIFA president Sepp Blatter told a news conference in Tokyo on December 15.
"It is a warning to all organisers (about) what can happen.
"It is a pity if you cannot play the second half of a match for any reasons but it can happen in football," Blatter said.
"The game is touched by all the villainous in our society," he added.
"Football is not the origin of violence. The origin of violence is in our society. You can look back through the history of humanity and you will see there was violence before football."