Cypriot president-elect Nicos Anastasiades named his cabinet team on Wednesday after the rightwing Disy candidate clinched victory in a runoff against communist-backed Stavros Malas.
The cabinet includes non-aligned economist Michalis Sarris, 66, as finance minister tasked with sealing a rescue package for the Mediterranean island's crisis-hit economy.
The following is the line-up of the new all-male cabinet:
- Foreign Minister: Ioannis Kasoulides (Disy)
- Finance Minister: Michalis Sarris (non-aligned)
- Interior Minister: Socrates Hasikos (Disy)
- Justice and Public Order Minister: Ionas Nicolaou (Disy)
- Communications and Works Minister: Tasos Mitsopoulos (Disy)
- Labour and Social Insurance Minister: Haris Georgiades (Disy)
- Defence Minister: Fotis Fotiou (Diko)
- Commerce, Industry and Tourism Minister: George Lakkotrypis (Diko)
- Education and Culture Minister: Kyriakos Kenevezos (Diko)
- Health Minister: Petros Petrides (Diko)
- Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment Minister: Nicos Kouyialis (rightwing European Party)