Connect to share and comment
US President Barack Obama arrives on Wednesday for a three-day visit to Israel and the Palestinian territories, his first since taking over the White House more than four years ago.
Here is an outline of who he will meet and what he will see. Times are local which are GMT + two hours:
Wednesday 20 March
- 1200: Air Force One lands at Ben Gurion airport near Tel Aviv.
- 1300: Obama visits a battery of Israel's vaunted Iron Dome anti-missile system, which has been built with US funding.
- 1600: Obama meets Israeli President Shimon Peres for talks in Jerusalem followed by a joint press conference.
- 2000: Meeting between Obama and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu followed by a press conference then a private dinner.
Thursday 21 March
- 0900: A visit to Jerusalem's Israel Museum where Obama will tour its new exhibit on Herod the Great.
- 1100: Obama travels to Ramallah in the West Bank to meet Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas.
- 1630: Obama delivers a speech to the Israeli public, which students from a number of Israeli universities have been invited to attend. Later he visits the US consulate.
- 2000: State dinner hosted by Peres.
Friday 22 March
- 0900: Obama visits Mount Herzl, the site of Israel's national cemetery, and will also tour the Holocaust memorial, Yad Vashem.
- 1100: Visit to the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, south of Jerusalem.
- 1500: Obama leaves Israel for Jordan from Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv.