Connect to share and comment
Rising Formula One star Nico Hulkenberg Thursday said he was sure a "disappointing" problem with his Sauber car had been fixed after he was forced to sit out last week's Australian Grand Prix.
Hulkenberg's first outing with the Swiss team fizzled when the German, after qualifying 11th, was not able to start the race because of a problem with his fuel tank.
The 25-year-old said he believed he could have finished in the points last Sunday. But Hulkenberg, who will start this week's Malaysian Grand Prix with a new chassis, said he was sure the problem would not resurface.
"It was pretty disappointing, obviously," he said. "The engineers had a deep look and a good analysis of what happened, both on the circuit and back in England and they understand the problem, they know what happened."
Events at Albert Park were particularly frustrating after Hulkenberg's storming end to last season, when he lead the Brazilian Grand Prix before finishing fifth, placing 11th in the final championship standings.