Connect to share and comment
Bernard Tomic has ended his feud with Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter and said he would be available to play for Australia in next month's tie next month in Uzbekistan, reports said on Saturday.
Last January Tomic said he wouldn't be available to play in the Davis Cup until at least a September World Group playoff, if Australia made it.
The 20-year-old's stance came after Rafter, with the backing of Tennis Australia, suspended Tomic from the first-round Asia-Oceania tie in Taiwan last month for a lack of professionalism.
But the world No.45 said at the Miami Masters he was now looking forward to returning to the Davis Cup fold.
"The Davis Cup is going to be held after this (Miami)," Tomic was quoted by Australian Associated Press on Saturday.
"We're going to train in Munich when everyone's done here and then play against Uzbekistan.
"It's not going to be a pretty place but I'm looking forward to it.
"We have got a good team now. I think we should win and Davis Cup is back on the roll for me and I'm going to try my heart out when it comes."
Tomic's return is a big boost for Australia, a 28-times Davis Cup-winning nation which hasn't featured in the 16-team World Group since 2007.
Tomic, Marinko Matosevic and former world number one Lleyton Hewitt will vie for singles positions for the April 5-7 tie in Namangan.