Connect to share and comment
The military said it was still investigating whether two rockets that exploded in the Israeli Red Sea resort of Eilat on Wednesday had been fired from Egypt's Sinai peninsula.
"We are still investigating to see if they were delivered from Egyptian territories but nothing is confirmed yet," a senior military official told AFP.
The presidency stressed that Egypt rejects any attack against any country.
"Egypt on principle rejects any attack against any country or threatening the security" of any country, presidency spokesman Omar Amer told reporters.
He asked for patience "until the picture is clearer", reiterating that "Egypt is a country that calls for peace."
The Israeli army and police said the two rockets had been fired from Sinai and struck open areas in Eilat, causing no casualties.
Eilat lies on the northernmost point of the Gulf of Aqaba, a narrow stretch of water bordered on one side by the Sinai and the other by Saudi Arabia and Jordan.
Last April, a rocket fired by militants from Sinai hit Eilat but caused no casualties, with police finding another unexploded rocket near the city several days later.