Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew said on Thursday that he expects unsettled French midfielder Yohan Cabaye to play against Fulham in the Premier League on Saturday.
The 27-year-old former Lille player has not played for Newcastle since news emerged that he had been the subject of an unsuccessful approach from Arsenal.
However, the London club are reportedly yet to return with a second offer, and Pardew wants Cabaye to put the matter to the back of his mind.
"What I have said to Yohan Cabaye is I expect him to play this weekend," Pardew said.
"Until another bid comes in from Arsenal that is accepted or not, that will be the situation."
Arsenal's initial bid was thought to be worth £10 million ($15.5 million, 11.7 million euros), which is reportedly half of Newcastle's valuation of the player.
Pardew has not yet revealed whether or not Cabaye has refused to play for the club in the light of Arsenal's interest.
Cabaye was left out of the France squad for their forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Georgia and Belarus by national coach Didier Deschamps on Thursday.