Brazilian defender Paulo Andre is leaving Corinthians to join China's Shanghai Shenhua, he said Wednesday.
"The proposal arrived on Monday, it all went very quickly," said the 30-year-old, leader of the Brazilian Bom Senso FC movement which is pushing for improvements to player conditions in Brazil.
He indicated he had signed a two-year deal at Shenhua, former club of stars including French veteran Nicolas Anelka and Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba.
Andre, who played for French side Le Mans between 2006 and 2009, saw his Bom Senso activities concern Corinthians' management to the extent they placed him on a list of players available for transfer, according to Brazilian media.
The movement's new spokesman will be Palmeiras goalkeeper Fernando Prass, football daily Lance reported.
Bom Senso FC recently threatened strike action in the Sao Paulo state league after dozens of fans invaded training facilities at Corinthians earlier this month and threatened players.
The movement will shortly hand the Brazilian football Confederation a list of recommendations on reforming the domestic game in Brazil.
Two key demands are changes in the calendar and the introduction of financial fair-play rules.