A bomb tore through a bus carrying South Korean tourists near an Egyptian resort town bordering Israel on Sunday, killing at least four people and wounding 13, the health ministry and police said.
The bomb went off in the front section of bus carrying the tourists at Taba border crossing with Israel in south Sinai, the interior ministry said, adding that one of those killed was the Egyptian driver.
Militants in the restive peninsula have waged a deadly insurgency against the military and police since the overthrow of Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in July.
Health ministry spokesman Ahmed Kamel told AFP four people were killed in the explosion and 13 were injured.
No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
Scores of policemen and soldiers have been killed in bombings in Sinai and the Nile Delta, but Sunday's attack is the first targeting tourists since Morsi was deposed.
A spokesman for the Israel Airports Authority, which is responsible for border security, told AFP that the Taba crossing had been closed in the wake of the blast.
The unrest has severely hit tourism, a vital earner in Egypt, which has been targeted sporadically by militants over the past two decades.
Between 2004 and 2006, scores of Egyptians and foreign tourists were killed in a spate of bombings in resorts in south Sinai.
In 1997, Islamist militants massacred dozens of tourists in a pharaonic temple in the southern city of Luxor.