Damascus, Apr 29 (EFE).- Syrian Prime Minister Wael al-Halqi was unhurt in an attack on his convoy that left at least six people dead on Monday, state television said.
The TV station added that besides the six people killed, 15 were wounded in the "terrorist attack" staged in the central Damascus neighborhood of Mazzeh.
The president of the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, Rami Abderrahman, told Efe by telephone that the attack was carried out with a car bomb and that one of the people traveling with the premier was killed.
Syrian official news agency Sana presented photographs of the attack site in which one can see a burned-out bus and several automobiles that were destroyed by the blast
In the photos can also be seen a fire department vehicle and pools of blood from the attack victims on the ground.
So far, no group has taken responsibility for the strike.
This is not the first time that an attack has been staged in the capital against top officials of the Bashar al Assad regime.
Last July 18, a rebel brigade attacked the National Security headquarters in Damascus, killing top Syrian defense leaders.
The conflict in Syria broke out in March 2011 and has caused the deaths of more than 70,000 people plus an exodus of more than 2 million displaced persons, according to a United Nations report.