APHC demands return of Afzal Guru’s body to his family

The All Parties Hurriyet Conference has reiterated the demand for return of the body of Muhammad Afzal Guru to his family for proper burial in the territory.

According to Kashmir Media Service, APHC in a meeting of its Executive and General Councils in Srinagar, today, said that Afzal Guru’s execution was based on political considerations.

The meeting was presided over by Hurriyet Chairman, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, and attended among others by Professor Abdul Ghani Butt.

The APHC leaders said that Kashmir dispute was the main cause of tension between Pakistan and India and both the countries should resolve it in accordance with the Kashmiris’ aspirations.

The meeting decided that the APHC would step-up its efforts to highlight the Kashmir dispute at the global level and in this regard letters would be dispatched to the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation and the European Union, seeking their role for its settlement.

It also paid glowing tributes to martyred liberation leaders, Ashfaq Majeed Wani and Shabbir Ahmed Siddiqui on their martyrdom anniversaries saying their mission would be accomplished at all costs.

The Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front, Muhammad Yasin Malik, who is under continued house arrest in Srinagar, in a statement condemning the police crackdown on party leaders and activists said that New Delhi was pushing the Kashmiris to wall.

The spokesman of Jamaat-e-Islami of occupied Kashmir in a statement in Srinagar denouncing in strong terms the house arrest of the veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani, and Muhammad Yasin Malik, demanded immediate release of all illegally detained Kashmiris.

The Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Freedom Party in its statement expressed serious concern over the continued unlawful detention of its Chairman, Shabbir Ahmed Shah, at Kot Bhalwal jail in Jammu. It also flayed the house arrest of Syed Ali Gilani and Muhammad Yasin Malik.

On the other hand, several people were injured when Indian police and troops used brute force on peaceful protesters at Saraf Kadal and Rajouri Kadal in Srinagar and in Baramulla and Naidkhai areas.

Kashmiri religious scholar, Qazi Yasir, addressing a demonstration in Islamabad town said that the occupation authorities could not suppress the Kashmiris’ liberation struggle by resorting to repressive tactics.

The Dukhtaran-e-Millat activist, Fehmida Sofi, was shifted to Saddar hospital in Srinagar after her condition deteriorated at sub-jail Baramulla.