Connect to share and comment
The military will not investigate claims that more than 13 South African soldiers were killed in the Central African Republic (CAR) last month.
SA National Defence Force spokesman Brig-Gen Xolani Mabanga said in a statement today the SANDF has nothing to investigate and therefore will not conduct any investigation.
However, earlier this week, International Relations Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane said government would investigate international reports querying the number of South African soldiers killed.
French news agency AFP reported CAR rebels as saying the number of South African soldiers killed in the battle in Bangui was between 36 and 50.
South Africa put the death toll at 13.
On Wednesday, President Jacob Zuma announced that South Africa would withdraw its troops from CAR.