People like to stand in line for iPhones.
Lots of people are doing that today since Apple's iPhone 5C and 5S have officially gone on sale.
People queue outside an Apple store in Hong Kong, Sept. 20, 2013. (Laurent Fievet/AFP/Getty Images)
Here are some other reasons to stand in line.
1) Because you want to ride the train.
A queue at the railway station in New Delhi on Oct. 20, 2011. (Manan Vatsyayana/AFP/Getty Images)
2) Because you want to ride the bus.
North Korean commuters wait for a bus in Pyongyang, Feb. 26, 2008. (Mark Ralston/AFP/Getty Images)
3) Because you are unemployed.
Unemployed Americans at the Los Angeles Career Fair, March 23, 2010. (Mark Ralston/AFP/Getty Images)
4) Because everyone else may as well be unemployed.
People queue for the Iberia desk during a general strike in Barajas Airport in Madrid, March 29, 2012. (Pablo Blazquez Dominguez/Getty Images)
5) Because it's the frigging Depression, OK?
Depression Era breadline in New York City. (Franklin D. Roosevelt Library via Wikimedia Commons)
6) Because you're hungry.
Indian schoolchildren wait for their mid-day meal at a primary school on the outskirts of Hyderabad, June 13, 2011. (Noah Seelam/AFP/Getty Images)
7) Because you're hungry and you're a monk.
Buddhist monks queue to receive food during a protest in Bangkok, Aug. 27, 2008. (Pornchai Kittiwongsakul/AFP/Getty Images)
8) Because you're hungry and, well, it's taking longer than you thought.
Burger King line. (Screengrab Google Images)
9) Because you have to pee.
Carnival-goers queue for toilets at the Notting Hill Carnival, Aug. 27, 2012 in London. (Oli Scarff/Getty Images)
10) Because you need some clothes.
Semi-nude shoppers queue for free clothes during a promotion by a Spanish clothes outlet on Jan. 2, 2012 in Madrid. (Denis Doyle/Getty Images)
11) Because you want to see Lady Gaga.
Lady Gaga fans wait to see her in Ascuncion, Paraguay, Nov. 26, 2012. (Norberto Duarte/AFP/Getty Images)
12) Because you want to see Wimbledon and just... I can't.
A man sleeps in the queue for Wimbledon tennis tickets on July 2, 2010 in Wimbledon Park, London. (Carl Court/AFP/Getty Images)
13) Because you want to vote.
People wait to vote at Mt. Bethel Baptist Church in Washington, DC, Nov. 6, 2012. (Eva Hambach/AFP/Getty Images)
14) Because you want to vote even though it's hot as hell.
Residents in Juba wait to vote in Sudan's first competitive elections in 24 years. Rocks, pieces of bone, old boots and discarded boxes mark their spots while they wait in the shade, April 13, 2010. (Roberto Schmidt/AFP/Getty Images)
15) Because you want to vote and you're a monk who has little regard for personal space.
Tibetan Buddhist monks wait to vote in the Tibetan Parliamentary election in Dharamshala, March 20, 2011. (Raveendran/AFP/Getty Images)