Connect to share and comment
Glenn Beck, the controversial conservative pundit who left Fox News last year, renewed his radio contract for $100 million.
Conservative talk show host and former Fox News pundit Glenn Beck signed a five-year, $100 million contract, continuing his morning radio show with Premiere Networks, reported the Associated Press.
An anonymous source familiar with the deal confirmed the details on Monday, said the AP.
The New York Times reported yesterday that Beck's company, Mercury Radio Arts, would renew its contract to keep "The Glenn Beck Program" on air for five more years.
More on GlobalPost: Glenn Beck's Top 10 Most Controversial Quotes
The show, which entered national syndication 10 years ago, frequently ranks third, after Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, said The Times.
Beck left his television show on Fox News last April amid slumping ratings, said Reuters, but his radio show has enjoyed a growth rate of 50 percent, adding nearly 200 stations in the last five years.
The deal reportedly doubles his pay from his previous contract, according to Bloomberg.
Julie Talbott, the president of content and affiliate relations at Premiere Networks, said in a statement, "Glenn has not only built an incredible connection to his audience on multiple platforms, but has also established himself as a true talent and visionary," according to Bloomberg.
More on GlobalPost: When the BRICs crumble