Anthony Weiner, former congressman and New York City mayoral candidate, is in hot water again after new allegations of extramarital sexting.
Despite the controversy, however, he vowed to remain in the race.
Weiner has avoided questions about his extramarital online affairs while campaigning, but did say that more revelations could be uncovered.
"I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out, and today they have," Weiner said in a statement, according to USA Today.
"These things that I did were wrong and hurtful to my wife and caused us to go through challenges in our marriage that extended past my resignation from Congress."
The new photos he's referring to are from Facebook messages he sent a 22-year-old woman in 2012, a year after his resignation when the initial "sexts" came to light.
The new messages were exchanged as part of an online relationship that apparently lasted about 18 months.
Weiner has said his behavior has had serious repercussions for his marriage with former Hilary Clinton advisor Huma Abedin, but the two have stayed together. Abedin has even been campaigning and fundraising for her husband, who faces a tough race for the New York mayorship.
His chances against current New York City Council speaker Christine Quinn were believed to be slim, but he has since become one of the frontrunners in the race.
Weiner, 48, told media on Tuesday that though his opponents had called for him to step down, he wasn't going anywhere.
"I want to bring my vision to the people of the city of New York. I hope they are willing to still continue to give me a second chance," Weiner said, according to Reuters.
He also suggested that some of the accusations against him had been fabricated.
His wife told reporters she was remaining steadfast alongside her husband.
"I love him. I have forgiven him. I believe in him," Abedin said, according to NBC News. "And, as we have said from the beginning, we are moving forward."
The lewd photos and messages were posted on the gossip website, The Dirty.com, on Monday.