In Italy, there are signs that Silvio Berlusconi, the 75-year-old media mogul, may be considering a return to politics.
The Italian press is buzzing that the former Italian prime minister is planning to stage a comeback for next spring’s election, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The headlines on the front pages of Italy's newspapers say Berlusconi is back and is ready to run again, according to the New York Times.
“I’m told the entire business community wants me to return,” Berlusconi told the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.
More from GlobalPost: Macro chatter: A little good news from the US and Italy
After dominating Italy's political scene for two decades, Berlusconi left Italy in financial ruin eight months ago disgraced by a sex and corruption scandal.
Many critics at the time thought his career was over.
"He's our strongest candidate," Angelino Alfano, a former justice minister previously considered as Berlusconi's "heir apparent" and now secretary of the Freedom People party told the Associated Press.
But Berlusconi has not yet formally announced his plans.
Supporters had expected him to announce his candidacy on Friday in Rome. After hours of waiting, Alfano told reporters Berlusconi "sends his regards" but would not be appearing due to a previous commitment, according to the AP.