Connect to share and comment
An ISIS report said the new images suggest "further sanitization activity" at the Parchin complex, a site in Iran's suspected nuclear bomb program.
Satellite images published by the Institute for Science and International Security show that a suspected nuclear site in Iran has been razed, suggesting efforts to produce bombs have gone further underground, Reuters reported.
In a report published on the ISIS website, authors David Albright and Robert Avagyan said the new images suggest "further sanitization activity" at the Parchin complex, where Iran is suspected of working to produce a nuclear bomb.
The images can be seen on the ISIS website.
More from GlobalPost: Iran will not stop 20 percent uranium enrichment
The news wire wrote that the same images were presented at an International Atomic Energy Agency meeting hours before appearing on the think tank's website.
A May 25 IAEA report said, "based on satellite imagery, at this location, where virtually no activity had been observed for a number of years, the buildings of interest to the Agency are now subject to extensive activities that could hamper the Agency’s ability to undertake effective verification."
Bloomberg wrote that Iran has prevented inspectors from visiting Parchin since January, and a Western official said the West believes "Iran is trying to sanitize the Parchin site."
More from GlobalPost: IAEA says Iran nuclear deal "coming soon"
Diplomats from the United States, Britain, France, Germany, China and Russia will meet Iranian negotiators in Russia on June 18 and 19 - the third time in three months - to once again press for inspector access to Iran's suspected sites.