At least two rockets fired from Egypt's Sinai have hit the southern Israeli resort town of Eilat.
Nobody was injured in the attack, although one of the rockets exploded near the courtyard of a house. The remains of two rockets were found and police were searching for more.
The Egyptian military said it was investigating the incident.
According to the Associated Press, a Muslim group thought to be based in the Gaza Strip claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from GlobalPost: Egypt: 2 foreign tourists kidnapped in Sinai freed
Islamic militants have gained strength in the Sinai desert since former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was ousted in 2011, and Eilat has been hit by rockets launched by radical Islamic groups in the past. Last year, militants in Sinai fired a rocket at the town, but caused no injuries.
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who was heading to London on Wednesday for the funeral of Margaret Thatcher, said he had already discussed a response with his defense minister.
Military chief Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz said that securing Israel from threats coming out of Sinai is a high priority. Israel has already deployed its new Iron Dome rocket-defense system to Eilat this month, but it was not activated during Wednesday's attack. Authorities did, however, activate an alarm system to alert people of the incoming rockets.