Connect to share and comment
SEJONG, Aug. 6 (Yonhap) -- The following are key features of the tax code revisions proposed by the government on Wednesday, which include measures focusing on funneling corporate profits to households, shareholders and investors.
- Provides tax deduction on salary hikes larger than previous three-year average raise
- Lowers taxes on dividend income from 14 percent to 9 percent
- Levies taxes on companies that fail to spend a government-set amount of their income on investment, salaries and dividend payments
- Allows accelerated depreciation for facility investments made by small and service-sector businesses
- Extends income deduction on credit card spending for two years
- Expands income deduction on the use of check cards and cash receipts
- Expands tax deduction ceiling on personal annuity savings and retirement pension products from 4 million won to 7 million won
- Eases tax burden on those receiving severance pay in pension form
- Expands tax benefits on investments in safety facilities
- Raises the duty free purchase ceiling from $400 to $600
<All rights reserved by Yonhap News Agency>
Copyright Yonhap News Agency, 2014. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.