Connect to share and comment

A global take on entertainment.

Britain's Queen Elizabeth cancels more engagements

Ailing Queen cancels plans for Wednesday and Thursday.
Queen jubileeEnlarge
Queen Elizabeth II is seen during the Diamond Jubilee carriage procession after the service of thanksgiving at St.Paul’s Cathedral on the Mall on June 5, 2012 in London, England. For only the second time in its history the UK celebrates the Diamond Jubilee of a monarch. (Dan Kitwood/AFP/Getty Images)

Britain's Queen Elizabeth has canceled plans for Wednesday and Thursday on health grounds after being hospitalized for a stomach ailment earlier this month, said BBC News, citing palace officials.

More from GlobalPost: Iran to sue Affleck over 'Argo:' Reports

The 86-year-old monarch made her first public appearance in London on Monday, but the announcement from Buckingham Palace on Tuesday means she will not be going to the capital's Tech City on Wednesday or attending a chapel service as planned on Thursday, according to SKY News.

She continues her work as usual from home, however. Officials said the Queen is leading the "usual rhythm of business at Buckingham Palace," reported BBC

She is said to be making a good recovery after experiencing symptoms of gastroenteritis.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/hollyworld/britains-queen-elizabeth-cancels-more-engagements