Love it or hate it, "Girls" is here to stay.
Lena Dunham's hit show, which earned the writer-director-actress two Golden Globes, has reportedly been picked up for a third season by HBO.
"We're starting season three at the end of March," Dunham told Alec Baldwin on his podcast earlier this week, Variety reported. "I'm so excited."
The show may also get an extra two episodes, as opposed to the usual 10, Dunham hinted, according to Entertainment Weekly.
HBO has yet to publicly confirm the renewal, but Dunham has also said that she has a six-year contract with the network, according to the Los Angeles Times.
"You know, it's not clear," said Dunham, CBS News reported. "I mean, HBO contractually has me I think as an actor for six years but as a writer and director — I should pay more attention to my deals, but I'm just so excited to have my job, I just go, 'Okay, whatever you say.'"
The controversial show's second season kicked off January 13, and a slew of both criticism and praise has already rained down on the show about four twenty-somethings making their way in New York City.
"Girls" ropes in around 900,000 viewers live when it airs Sunday nights, but the L.A. Times reports the audience is near 4 million when DVR, on-demand and repeat viewings are included.
Nielsen ratings for the season 2 premiere saw 866,000 live viewers and 1.6 million over three telecasts, Variety reported.