Connect to share and comment

A global take on entertainment.

Natalie Wood's death certificate changed to 'undetermined'

Actress Natalie Wood died over 30 years ago. Her death remains an enduring Hollywood mystery.
Natalie wood 11 18 11Enlarge
American actress Natalie Wood, her husband actor Robert Wagner and their daughter, Courtney, arrive at London airport July 4, 1976. (AFP/Getty Images)

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has reopened the investigation into Natalie Wood's 1981 drowning death. Her death certificate has been changed from 'accidental' to 'undetermined', ABC News reported. 

The case had officially been reopened in November 2011. 

GlobalPost reported in November that a law enforcement source said that the department received a letter from an unidentified "third party" who said the captain had "new recollections" about the case.

Sheriff Lee Baca reportedly said only that the captain "made comments worthy of exploring." 

TMZ reported that the reason for the change is bruising found on Wood's body was inconsistent with drowning, Law enforcement sources said. The source also added that this does not necessarily prove foul play. 

Wood, who was married to actor Robert Wagner, died at the age of 43 when she fell off a boat anchored off Catalina Island in November 1981 and drowned, UPI reported. There had been a party aboard the boat earlier with guests including actor Christopher Walken.

The LA corners' department is keeping tight lipped on the investigation. A representative told MSNBC, "The case is currently on security hold at the request of the Sheriff's Dept. It is an open investigation and we are cooperating fully with the Sheriff's Department. This Department is making no comments at this time."

More from GlobalPost: LA detectives reopen Natalie Wood drowning case (VIDEO)

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/hollyworld/natalie-woods-death-certificate-changed-undetermined

.

Featured Slideshow

Rio lagoon filled with 65 tons of dead fish

Heavy rains in Rio de Janeiro caused an ecological nightmare at the lagoon where Olympic rowing will take place in 2016, when 65 tons of dead fish were discovered earlier this week.