Robert Wagner is still not a suspect in the 1981 death of his wife Natalie Wood despite recent changes to her death certificate, TMZ reported.
The Los Angeles County coroner made the unusual move in June to reclassify the actress' drowning death off California's Catalina Island as "undetermined." Her death had been ruled "accidental."
More from GlobalPost: Natalie Wood's death certificate changed to "undetermined"
The case was officially reopened in November 2011.
On Monday, Wagner's publicist told the New York Post the changes have no bearing on the "Hart to Hart" star.
More from GlobalPost: LA detectives reopen Natalie Wood drowning case (VIDEO)
“He never has been a suspect in this matter,” Alan Nierob told the newspaper. “They (LA County sheriff’s investigators) stated that fact publicly, as I'm sure you are aware.”
Law enforcement sources told TMZ the death cerrtificate change was largely due to bruising found on Wood's body that was inconsistent with drowning.
But they also told the entertainment website that doesn't necessarily prove foul play, and there is "certainly no evidence" leading detectives to a suspect.
Wood died at the age of 43 when she fell off a boat anchored off Catalina Island in November 1981 and drowned, UPI reported. There had been a party aboard the boat earlier with guests including actor Christopher Walken.