Just when you thought things couldn't get worse for the Obama Administration.... they do.
Today's must-read economics story comes from our friends at Business Insider, who have pulled together this gem about Ron Suskind's new book, Confidence Men.
Here's how BI sums it up:
Confidence Men, released Tuesday, is an exposé on the bitter rivalries that divided and, at times, paralyzed Obama's economic team. It paints an unflattering portrait of an inexperienced president who lacks the leadership skills to get his staff in line.
The Obama team has been fighting back hard against the Pulitzer Prize-winning author this week, attacking some of the books inconsistencies and, yes, spelling errors.
It's easy to see why they're worried: the U.S. economy is hurting, President Obama's poll numbers are tanking, and the Republican presidential field is charging hard.
And, oh yeah, the book is brutal.
According to the Business Insider post and slideshow, here are 10 of the juiciest revelations:
1) Obama is a terrible manager
2) Obama's entire economic team believed his stimulus plan would fail
3) Paul Krugman lives inside Obama's head
4) The White House let Larry Summers hijack economic policy
5) Summers then threw a fit when Obama reappointed Ben Bernanke
6) Tim Geithner was most concerned about saving Wall Street banks
7) The White House has a "serious" woman problem
8) It took Obama seven months to realize he "needed to fire" Rahm Emanuel
9) In case you missed point one, Obama is a "really terrible" manager
10) Obama hasn't had a message since 2008