Miss Chen wanted to make sure she wasn't going crazy.
She woke up the rest of her family, and asked if they saw what she saw: pork that was blue and glowing.
Miss Chen, from Shanghai, had placed the leftover pork on a small table in the kitchen after dinner. When she rose in the night to answer the call of nature, she was shocked to find that the pork was emitting a "vague blue light."
According to the Shanghai Daily, she "tried to touch the light and found it was emanating from the pork."
Food safety experts said the blue light may have been caused by a phosphorescent bacteria that contaminated the pork.
The pork was still safe to eat after it had been cooked, the experts said. Though GlobalPost isn't so sure about that.
The bacteria in question originates in the sea, and is also sometimes found in fish.
This isn't the first time pork has turned blue and begun to glow in China. Last year in February, residents of Changsha city, the capital of Hunan province in northeast China, one after another discovered that the pork they had purchased from supermarkets emitted a blue glow at night. It's a phenomenon that has also appeared in Australia.