Connect to share and comment

A guide to the dynamic economics, politics, and culture of the world's most populous region.

Delhi HC blast update: 2 emails traced to Kolkata

NIA questioning Kolkata man who allegedly sent second and fourth email claiming responsibility for blast at Delhi High Court

CNN/IBN has a good summary of the status of the Delhi High Court blast case:

The second and the fourth Indian Mujahideen (IM) e-mails in the Delhi High Court blast case have been traced to Kolkata. The e-mails were sent from Chottuminaliayushman@gmail.com to a TV channel, CNN/IBN said.

The alleged sender has been identified as Sunny Sharma. He is being questioned by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).

Earlier on Monday, the Jammu and Kashmir Police said that two more youths have been detained in Jammu and Kashmir's Kishtwar town in connection with the HuJI e-mail claiming responsibility for the blast outside the Delhi High Court.

Sadiq Ahmed and Abid Hussain were being questioned in connection with the HuJI e-mail, the news channel said.

The two are close relatives of surrendered militants Irshad Ahmed and Farooq Ahmed who have also been detained, CNN/IBN quoted police as saying.

Another e-mail was traced to a man in Gujarat who has now been arrested by the Gujarat police, but police have apparently determined that he had nothing to do with the blast. A case has been registered against him under the IT Act, CNN/IBN said.

So far, 11 people have been detained in the investigations of the e-mails and more than 50 people have been questioned, the news channel reported.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/the-rice-bowl/delhi-hc-blast-update-2-emails-traced-kolkata