Connect to share and comment

News you wish you didn't know.

Brothers blow up house celebrating lottery

Two brothers who were celebrating a $75,000 winning lottery ticket accidentally blew up their house.
Lottery winner mega millionsEnlarge
Thuan Le, mother of four boys, plans to use her winnings to buy a house, travel, and visit her parents in Vietnam with her $14 million lottery winnings. (Kevork Djansezian/AFP/Getty Images)

If two brothers blew up their house first and then won the lottery, it would be an inspirational story dubbed the "new house lottery miracle." But in a real life case, the order of events was unfortunately reversed. 

Two brothers in Kansas won a $75,000 lottery ticket. To celebrate, they bought marijuana and meth. But as is often the case with people who smoke marijuana, they apparently did not have a lighter. The solution? A butane torch, the Wichita Eagle reported

More from GlobalPost: Welfare lottery ban proposed in North Carolina

As the brother emptied a large can of butane lighter fluid, the butane leaked into the air, causing a massive explosion. On of the brothers was seriously injured and remains hospitalized, the Wichita Eagle said.

"The butane vapors reached a pile of light in the furnace," a local police officer announced in a press conference. There were also children in the home at the time of the explosion, KTV reports. 

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/weird-wide-web/brothers-blow-house-celebrating-lottery

.

Featured Slideshow

The running of the bulls commenced in Pamplona, Spain (PHOTOS)

Injuries abound during the first days of the San Fermin festival.