Just when we thought bored kids had smartened up, the cinnamon challenge is back.
The so-called challenge that has been depicted in thousands of Youtube videos involves people trying to eat a spoonful of cinnamon in 60 seconds.
The trick is that no water is allowed.
The spice, of course, turns gluey and caustic when mixed with saliva, choking the person trying to swallow it.
About 30 teens were hospitalized for taking the challenge last year.
Calls to poison control centers in the US have jumped as well.
Doctors worry that someone will get seriously hurt as the gag reflex may open the lungs to the powder, subsequently killing them.
The renewal of interest in inhaling cinnamon even prompted an article in the journal Pediatrics warning against participation.
While some would decry this ridiculous practice and warn against its dangers, others would simply see it as another form of natural selection.