At least 10 people have been killed in a suicide attack on an international military convoy in eastern Afghanistan.
Afghan officials told the Associated Press that a man steered an explosives-laden motorcycle into the convoy in the city of Khost, in Khost province, on Wednesday, killing 10 Afghans and wounding 14. A hospital official told the news agency that a police officer and a 15-year-old child had died in the blast.
The BBC, citing an Afghan TV station, reported that the attack took place as US troops were checking their vehicles. There are no reports of any military personnel being killed in the explosion.
More from GlobalPost: 11 dead after Taliban attack on Afghan governor’s compound
Wednesday's attack comes three weeks after militants from the Taliban-linked Haqqani insurgent group, armed with rocket-propelled grenades and explosives strapped to their chests, killed a US soldier, a US contractor and an Afghan civilian in an attack on a US base in Khost, Reuters reported.
Last month a suicide bomber killed 13 people at a roadside checkpoint near the Pakistan border in Khost's Alisher district, where Afghans had gathered to eat lunch.
More from GlobalPost: Afghan suicide bomber kills police, children