Connect to share and comment
This week, the identity of the man suspected of killing 16 Afghans had been kept secret.
Robert Bales, the US soldier who killed 16 Afghan civilians last Sunday, is still awaiting charges.
US soldier accused in shooting rampage bypassed for promotion, struggled with bills.
Robert Bales' wife offered condolences to the victims' families in Afghanistan.
Bales' lawyer says there is no forensic evidence that he murdered Afghan civilians.
The military waited 6 days after Bales' shooting spree to release his identity, as they tried to erase his web presence.
Bales also charged with six counts of assault and attempted murder.
Sources say he evaded detection twice the night 17 Afghan villagers died.
An Afghan official who initially said that Bales' 17th victim was an unborn fetus retracted his statement hours later.
Lawyer wants to work with military attorney who has death penalty case experience
Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales pled guilty to killing 16 Afghan civilians last March in Kandahar.
Survivors of Kandahar village massacre fly 7,000 miles to testify during sentencing of US soldier Robert Bales.