- Price for a meal for two, without alcohol: $80. I recommend the Kir there (a mix of white wine and syrup for around $5). It is also very sweet for breakfast, with a very decent cafe au lait ($5).
- Noise level: quiet in the morning, afternoon, busy and loud in the evening.
- Is it indoor or outdoor? Both
- Dress: casual. Long (and dirty) hair is a plus. Facial hair is a plus (for men).
The Guinguette de l’Ile du Martin Pecheur (old fashion dancing)
- Address: 41 Quai Victor Hugo, Champigny sur Marne. This is fairly close to the “Champigny sur Marne” RER station, on the “A” line. It is more convenient to go there by car, it is a 20 to 30 minute ride from downtown Paris.
- Opening days and hours: it is open on weekends only. You must check the schedule, because it varies according to the seasons. The Guinguette is more fun when it is sunny, because you can walk by the Marne river. It is an afternoon activity.
- Advance bookings required? no.
- Price: Lunch costs around $70 without alcohol. You can also go there and just get a drink for around $4.
- How much time to allow: two hours
- Special equipment, experience or dress: you do not need to be a skilled dancer to go there. It is very low key, not nightclub-like.
Les Quilles (home-style French food in the Menilmontant neighborhood)
- Address: 23 Boulevard de Menilmontant, 75011 Paris. Near the Menilmontant metro station.