Connect to share and comment
This week we're assigning the vote-winner, on the relationship between China and North Korea.
The subject is an important one and GlobalPost's editors are looking forward to devling into it. China's influence continues to grow worldwide and little headway can be made by the United States and others in their efforts to encourage North Korean reform without China's help.
Here's a link to the story, entitled Beijing's big gamble: Can it control North Korea?
What do the people of Kenya think about Americans' "birther" conspiracy theories -- that Obama is actually Kenyan born? Also: what is their opinion of Obama, now that he's been president for awhile?
I would like to see an analysis of Iraq's oil. Often cited as a possible reason for the war, what is the real state of Iraq's oil infrastructure and what are the chances the nation of Iraq can use their oil reserves to become a major independent mid east player like Saudi Arabia?
Recently Kim Jong il traveled to China to meet with China's leadership. I would like to see an in-depth report on the nature of China's relationship with North Korea and why the US tolerates the way China courts this dangerous dictator.
|William J. Holland suggests:||
I would like to see a detailed story on the impact of the 'Vatican's Review' of Ireland and the United States Seminaries, especially after the sex abuse scandals. The Vatican sent a delegation to America to review operating Seminaries, Convents etc. . . It did so in Ireland, asking the Cardinals of New York and Boston to chair such encounters. I think a great story is here to be exposed.
|Ikenwa .E. joseph ( Bsc. International Relations) suggests:||
Story idea: A critical evaluation of the politics of multinational corporations in Nigeria
Purpose: to identify the negative as well as the positive effect on the nation
Could the unthinkable happen? Are we on the brink of nuclear war in the Middle East where millions will die?
Here are the key changes taking place in the Middle East:
1. Israel's neighbors have many more missiles than they have had in the past. These missiles have a longer range than before and are much more accurate.
2. Both Syria and Hezbollah have the capability of launching missiles with chemical weapons on Israeli cities.
3. Israel's neighbors will combine and coordinate attacks on Israel in the next war.
4. Israel's neighbors have already declared that the next war will change the region. Will they make all out push to destroy Israel once and for all? Now that Iran is positioned to complete a nuclear bomb very quickly, could this new ability make Israel's neighbors very aggressive?
5. What will Israel do if chemical weapons explode over Israeli cities? Could Israel respond to an unconventional attack with unconventional weapons of its own?