Connect to share and comment

Italy court confirms Berlusconi ban from public office

ROME (Reuters) - Italy's highest appeals court on Tuesday confirmed a two-year ban from public office for center-right leader and former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi over a conviction for tax fraud. Berlusconi lawyer Niccolo Ghedini said he was "extremely disappointed" by the ruling of the Court of Cassation, which diminishes Berlusconi's hopes of running as a candidate in elections for the European Parliament in May.

Italy's top court upholds Berlusconi 2-year public office ban

Italy's supreme court on Tuesday upheld a two-year ban from public office against former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi who had filed an appeal with the country's top court. The ban was imposed as part of a guilty verdict in a tax fraud conviction against the media magnate last year and blocks him from running in elections. fka/boc/arp

Italy top court to rule on Berlusconi public office ban

Italy's supreme court was meeting Monday to rule on an appeal by former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi against a two-year ban from public office, judicial sources said. Prosecutor Aldo Policastro asked the court to uphold the ban, which was imposed as part of a guilty verdict in a tax fraud conviction against the media magnate last year and would block him from running in any elections.

Berlusconi denied permit to attend Dublin conference

MILAN (Reuters) - A Milan court rejected a request by former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, whose passport was confiscated after his conviction for tax fraud, to leave Italy to attend a conference in Ireland, judicial sources said on Tuesday. Berlusconi, leader of the center-right Forza Italia party, wanted to attend the European Popular Party conference in Dublin on March 6-7. But he cannot travel abroad unless he is granted a temporary permit by judges.

Berlusconi divorce paves way for possible third marriage

Italy's billionaire former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi is officially divorced, paving the way for a possible future marriage with a woman almost 50 years his junior, Italian media said Wednesday. According to gossip website Dagospia and others, Berlusconi's brown-haired, shapely young girlfriend Francesca Pascale has already bought her wedding dress. "Now Silvio Berlusconi can marry for the third time," following his divorce from Veronica Lario, the Corriere della Sera newspaper said.

Berlusconi divorce paves way for possible third marriage

Italy's billionaire former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi is officially divorced, paving the way for a possible future marriage with a woman almost 50 years his junior, Italian media said Wednesday. According to gossip website Dagospia and others, Berlusconi's brown-haired, shapely young girlfriend Francesca Pascale has already bought her wedding dress. "Now Silvio Berlusconi can marry for the third time," following his divorce from Veronica Lario, the Corriere della Sera newspaper said.

Berlusconi divorce paves way for possible third marriage

Italy's billionaire former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi is officially divorced, paving the way for a possible future marriage with a woman almost 50 years his junior, the Italian media reported Wednesday. "Now Silvio Berlusconi can marry for the third time," following his divorce from Veronica Lario, the Corriere della Sera newspaper said. "After three children, 22 years together and four years of separation, they are officially divorced," it said.

Italy court finalizes Berlusconi divorce: source

ROME (Reuters) - A northern Italian court on Tuesday finalized four-time prime minister Silvio Berlusconi's divorce from his estranged wife Veronica Lario, but the amount the billionaire will have to pay in alimony has yet to be settled, a legal source told Reuters. Lario, a former actress who was married to Berlusconi for more than 22 years, asked for a divorce from the 77-year-old billionaire in 2009, accusing him of having an affair with a 17-year-old girl. The couple had three children together.

Italy's Berlusconi says still backs reforms agreed with Renzi

ROME (Reuters) - Silvio Berlusconi, leader of Italy's main center-right party, on Saturday said he would continue to support an agreement sealed last month with center-left leader Matteo Renzi to reform the electoral law and the political system. "We will stick to the agreement on the electoral law and institutional reforms," Berlusconi said after meeting President Giorgio Napolitano, who is holding consultations with parliamentary groups on the formation of a new government.

Berlusconi bribery trial opens in Italy

Silvio Berlusconi's latest trial opened in Naples on Tuesday, this time for allegedly bribing a senator in 2006 to join his party in a move aimed at destabilising a rival centre-left government in power at the time. The trial is the third ongoing case against Berlusconi, who is appealing a prison sentence for having sex with an underage 17-year-old prostitute and abuse of office and another for leaking a confidential police wiretap.
Syndicate content