Agence France-PresseJuly 27, 2013 10:33
A Saudi man has died of the coronavirus MERS and another has contracted the virus, the health ministry said on Saturday, bringing the kingdom's deaths from the virus to 39.
The man, who had previously been diagnosed with the SARS-like virus, died in the southwestern province of Asir, the ministry said on its website.
The other man who contracted the virus, 83, is in the same province, it said.
Saudi Arabia is the country worst hit by MERS, which has killed 46 people worldwide. Out of 89 people who have contracted the virus globally, 68 were registered in Saudi.