Connect to share and comment

Jury awards $1.3 million to comic George Wallace in personal injury claim against Vegas resort

LAS VEGAS, Nev. - A Nevada jury is awarding comedian George Wallace $1.3 million in damages for a leg injury he says he suffered while performing at a Las Vegas Strip resort in 2007. Tuesday's verdict from an eight-member jury comes after two weeks of testimony in Clark County District Court and about 12 hours of deliberations. The 61-year-old stand-up comic known to many as Jerry Seinfeld's friend had sought at least $7.1 million from the Bellagio Las Vegas hotel-casino, but he says he's happy with the result.

Culinary Union workers at several Las Vegas hotel-casinos vote to authorize possible strike

LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Union members at several downtown Las Vegas casinos have voted overwhelmingly to authorize a strike if bargaining doesn't yield a new contract. A statement from Culinary Union Local 226 said that more than 99 per cent voted for the authorization. The vote involved unionized workers at the downtown Binion's, El Cortez, Four Queens, Fremont, Golden Gate, Golden Nugget, Las Vegas Club, Las Vegas Plaza, Main Street Station and The D properties, the Margaritaville bar on the Strip, and linen service workers at Brady Laundries in North Las Vegas.

Caesars Acquisition, Entertainment JV plans $1.8B in acquisitions, including Bally's Las Vegas

Caesars Entertainment Corp. is selling four properties to a separate unit that it controls for about $1.8 billion as it restructures its debt. The sale of Bally's Las Vegas and the other three properties is valued by the company at about $2.2 billion, when debt and renovations at the Quad Resort Caesars Acquisition Co. expects the deal to close in the second quarter. Caesars Entertainment will manage the properties.

Las Vegas Sands websites are back online, one week after hacking

By Laila Kearney (Reuters) - Las Vegas Sands Corp. brought its worldwide websites back online on Monday after a hacking attack forced the company to shut its home pages and other online operations last week, a spokesman said. The sites were "not the identical versions" of what they were before the company was hacked, spokesman Ron Reese said. He said select content was different on the new web pages, but he declined to say what else had changed.

websites for Las Vegas Sands properties remain down, hacking investigation continues

LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Websites for casino giant Las Vegas Sands Corp. remained down for a fourth day on Friday, while company, state and federal investigators trace the origin and effect of a hacking intrusion. The Internet sites of Sands properties including the flagship Venetian and Palazzo in Las Vegas and its Pennsylvania, Singapore and Macau resorts remained inoperative, and company spokesman Ron Reese said officials were assessing which systems had been affected.

Regulator: No credit card data, other patron information stolen in Las Vegas Sands hacking

LAS VEGAS, Nev. - A Nevada gambling regulator said Thursday that the hackers who knocked down all Las Vegas Sands websites for three days and counting did not steal any patron data, including credit card information. Nevada Gaming Control Board chairman A.G. Burnett said regulators' first priority after the world's largest casino operator was hacked Monday was to ensure the safety of player information and the integrity of the gambling systems. Burnett said Sands has confirmed that hackers did not compromise these two areas.

Las Vegas Sands websites remain down as Feds investigate hack

(Reuters) - The websites of Las Vegas Sands' casinos around the world on Thursday remained down for a third straight day, as the company and U.S. federal investigators race to unravel a hacking attack that defaced home pages and also exposed sensitive employee information.

websites of Las Vegas Sands casinos hacked, including Venetian, Palazzo on Las Vegas Strip

LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Hackers breached the websites of all Las Vegas Sands Corp. websites Tuesday morning, and the home pages of some of the world's largest casinos remained down through the day. The Nevada State Gaming Control Board was investigating the breach, and the FBI was also aware of the matter.

Canada businessman indicted on felony charges in $12.9 million Las Vegas casino debt case

LAS VEGAS, Nev. - A Canadian real estate businessman is being sought on criminal charges in Nevada, more than five years after he was accused of failing to repay $12.9 million in gambling debts to two Las Vegas-area casinos. A judge issued an arrest warrant Wednesday for 43-year-old Semion Kronenfeld following his indictment on 12 charges of felony theft, bad check and obtaining money under false pretenses. Kronenfeld's attorney, Craig Mueller, wasn't immediately available Thursday for comment.

Bill's Gamblin' Hall in Vegas to reopen as Cromwell in spring; was to be called Gansevoort

LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Caesars Entertainment Corp. says it plans to replace Las Vegas' shuttered Bill's Gamblin' Hall The Old West-style casino closed last year and was to open as the Gansevoort, but Caesars ended its relationship with the Gansevoort Hotel Group in the fall after Massachusetts questioned the partnership. The Cromwell, located in the heart of the Strip, is expected to have a subtle Parisian theme. It will include a rooftop pool and Drai's day and nightclubs. Caesars is calling it Las Vegas' first "luxury lifestyle boutique hotel."
Syndicate content