Agence France-PresseApril 24, 2013 13:01
Annual US-Morocco war games, cancelled by Rabat over a Washington-backed plan for the UN's Western Sahara mission, have resumed on a smaller scale after a compromise was reached, the US embassy said Wednesday.
"The Moroccan government did ask us (in the past 48 hours) if we could resume African Lion," embassy spokesman Rodney Ford told AFP.
"Most of our forces had already redeployed. But some elements are still on the ground. So we are conducting modified limited military engagements," he said.