Connect to share and comment

Conductor Seiji Ozawa to take up baton in August

Tokyo, Feb 19 (EFE).- Orchestra conductor Seiji Ozawa, who cancelled his appearances almost a year ago because of his poor state of health, will return to the podium in August at a festival in the central Japanese city of Matsumoto, NHK television reported Tuesday. Ozawa will direct the opera "L'Enfant et les Sortileges" by French composer Maurice Ravel as a featured part of the event, organizers of the Saito Kinen Classical Music Festival told NHK.

Japanese maestro Ozawa to make August comeback

Acclaimed Japanese conductor Seiji Ozawa is to return to the podium this year, officials said Tuesday, after more than a year out of the limelight during his battle with cancer. The 77-year-old maestro, who underwent surgery for oesophagus cancer in 2010 and was treated for a hernia in 2011, said in March last year he would take a year off to concentrate on his recovery.

Japan maestro Ozawa to make comeback in August

TOKYO, Feb 19 (Reuters) - Seiji Ozawa, Japan's most famous conductor, is set to make a comeback in August at a music festival after taking more than a year off to recover from a spell of bad health that included bouts of pneumonia. The former Vienna State Opera music director, 77, who before that was conductor of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in January 2010 and completed treatment later that year.
Syndicate content