Connect to share and comment

Formula One: Hulkenberg denies strike threat over wages

Nico Hulkenberg on Thursday denied reports that F1 drivers were threatening to go on strike over unpaid salaries, but he called for quick action to resolve the problem. Hulkenberg said it was "not good for the sport" that drivers were kept waiting for their wages and said discussions were underway to find a solution. Germany's Sport Bild magazine claimed this week that several drivers for smaller teams, including Hulkenberg, who drove for Sauber last year, were still owed unpaid wages dating back to 2013.

Formula One: Hulkenberg returns to Force India

German driver Nico Hulkenberg has returned to Force India for the 2014 Formula One season, the Britain-based Indian team announced on Tuesday. The 26-year-old, who has agreed a multi-year deal, previously joined Force India as a test driver in 2011 and finished 11th in the team's colours in 2012 before joining Sauber. He finished 10th in the drivers' championship last season, with a highest finish of fourth at the Korean Grand Prix in October. "I am happy to come back to Sahara Force India," he said in a statement.

Formula One: Hulkenberg returns to Force India

German driver Nico Hulkenberg has returned to Force India for the 2014 Formula One season, the Britain-based Indian team announced on Tuesday. The 26-year-old, who has agreed a multi-year deal, previously joined Force India as a test driver in 2011 and finished 11th in the team's colours in 2012 before joining Sauber. He finished 10th in the drivers' championship last season, with a highest finish of fourth at the Korean Grand Prix in October. "I am happy to come back to Sahara Force India," he said in a statement. thw/bc

Formula One: Lotus investors want team to sign Hulkenberg

Lotus are poised to recruit Nico Hulkenberg to replace Ferrari-bound Finn Kimi Raikikonen next season, according to the head of the team's new investors. "As the incoming owners and shareholders, we have made it clear what our preference is," said Mansoor Ijaz, head of Quantum Motorsports, a consortium that has reportedly agreed to buy a 35 per cent stake in Lotus from Genii Capital. "I wish the transition had been smoother between Kimi and the next driver - who we believe will be Nico - but sometimes in life things don't' happen so clearly, or as nicely, as you want."

Formula One: Hulkenberg says return to Force India 'difficult'

Sauber driver Nico Hulkenberg Thursday said it would be difficult for him to make a return to his former team Force India as speculation mounts over his next Formula One deal. The 26-year-old German has been in the news lately after a hot streak of form in the last few races that has seen him move up to the 10th place in the driver's standings. A return to Force India, the team he left last year, was widely reported though Hulkenberg himself has not ruled out staying at Sauber.

Formula One: 'Hulk' says Lotus move not weighty issue

Nico Hulkenberg Thursday said he didn't think his weight would affect a potential move to Lotus after concerns that bigger drivers would be hit by next year's introduction of heavier engines. The slim, 74-kilo (163 pounds) German, one of Formula One's taller and heavier drivers, said Lotus had not told him that his weight would affect any possible switch. "There's no one from (Lotus) who has personally told me that weight or height is an issue," the 26-year-old Sauber driver told reporters before Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix.

Formula One: Hulkenberg ready for big-time move

Nico Hulkenberg believes he is ready for a move to one of Formula One's major teams. The confident young German made this clear on Thursday, when, on the eve of this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix, he said he did not think Finn Kimi Raikkonen was the key to the driver market. Hulkenberg admitted that Raikkonen, currently with Lotus, was an important element in the way the future unfolds, but added that he felt he could secure a seat with any of his current Sauber team, Lotus or even Ferrari.

Formula One: Hulkenberg laughs off Sauber exit rumours

Nico Hulkenberg on Thursday laughed off suggestions he is set to leave the Sauber team after a spell of turbulence on and off the track. The German said he felt confident he would keep his seat with the Swiss outfit despite a variety of rumours surrounding his future following major investment by Russian interests. Hulkenberg joined Sauber after an impressive season with Force India last year. He said: "It's rubbish - all of these stories they make me laugh, make me smile.

Formula One: Hulkenberg sure 'disappointing' problem fixed

Rising Formula One star Nico Hulkenberg Thursday said he was sure a "disappointing" problem with his Sauber car had been fixed after he was forced to sit out last week's Australian Grand Prix. Hulkenberg's first outing with the Swiss team fizzled when the German, after qualifying 11th, was not able to start the race because of a problem with his fuel tank. The 25-year-old said he believed he could have finished in the points last Sunday. But Hulkenberg, who will start this week's Malaysian Grand Prix with a new chassis, said he was sure the problem would not resurface.

Hulkenberg to have new chassis in Malaysia

(Reuters) - Nico Hulkenberg will have a new car for Sunday's Malaysian Grand Prix after a fuel system problem prevented the German from starting last weekend's season-opener in Australia. Sauber said in a preview for the race at Sepang that the car Hulkenberg qualified with in Melbourne had been sent back to the factory in Switzerland for a full examination and he would start with a new chassis for the second round.
Syndicate content