Connect to share and comment

Formula One: Marussia keep Bianchi for next year

Struggling Marussia will retain Jules Bianchi as one of its drivers for next year, it was announced Thursday ahead of the Korean Grand Prix. The Frenchman is in his debut full season in Formula One and placed 13th in Malaysia earlier in the campaign, his best finish to date. Marussia have yet to win a point this season. There are six races left in the season, starting at Yeongam on Sunday. "It's amazing for me and I'm very happy to stay. I feel very confident with them," said Bianchi.

UPDATE 1-Motor racing-Bianchi replaces Razia at Marussia F1 team

* Marussia terminate Razia's contract * Frenchman Bianchi will race for the team instead (Adds detail) By Alan Baldwin LONDON, March 1 (Reuters) - Marussia terminated the contract of Brazilian driver Luiz Razia on Friday, less than three weeks before the start of the Formula One season, and said Frenchman Jules Bianchi would take his place at the team.

Formula One: Bianchi handed Marussia drive after Razia axed

France's Jules Bianchi was named as Marussia's second driver for the new Formula One season on Friday to replace axed Brazilian Luiz Razia. Bianchi, 23, had been in the running for the final seat at Force India before he lost out to Adrian Sutil on Thursday. But his dramatic 24 hours ended on a high note when Razia, who had been named as Mark Chilton's teammate in Jerez last month, was dropped after a reported failure to deliver promised sponsorship to Marussia. "I am thrilled to have secured a race seat with the Marussia F1 Team," said Bianchi.
Syndicate content