Connect to share and comment

Dinner at world's 'top restaurant' leaves dozens wretching

Diners who forked out for a top-notch meal in a Danish restaurant dubbed the world's best eatery got more than they bargained for when dozens came down with a nasty case of food poisoning. The two-Michelin-star Noma restaurant in Copenhagen prides itself on dishes like pike perch and cabbages or wild duck and pear but in February its delights left 63 punters and some staff members vomiting or suffering from diarrhoea, health officials said Friday.

Noma, "world's best restaurant", sorry as diners ill

By Johan Ahlander COPENHAGEN, March 8 (Reuters) - Danish restaurant Noma, crowned the world's best restaurant three years running in one poll, on Friday apologised after 63 guests fell ill with sickness and diarrhoea after visiting the haute cuisine establishment. According to the Danish health authorities, the guests fell ill during a five-day period in February and the outbreak could have come from a sick kitchen staff employee.
Syndicate content